Dear Valued Customer,
Information Regarding COVID-19
The health and safety of our associates and customers is a top priority. As cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) increase and spread throughout the country and world, the team at Johnson County Bank are actively monitoring the situation and following guidance from the CDC, Federal and State Regulators.
Effective Thursday July 30, 2020, Johnson County Bank will temporarily limit lobby access to all customers. Lobby services will be available on a case-by-case basis, by appointment only. You may call 423-727-7701 to set up an appointment.
Johnson County Bank is well positioned to weather the COVID-19 pandemic currently affecting the globe. As a financial institution with a 45-year history, we have laid the groundwork and have a sound foundation to provide the products and services our customers have come to expect. Johnson County Bank remains one of the most well-capitalized banks in Tennessee. The FDIC has reminded Americans that FDIC-insured banks remain the safest place to keep their money. Since 1933, no depositor has ever lost a penny of FDIC-insured funds.
We continue to monitor the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as state and local agencies, and are adjusting our practices accordingly. The health and safety of our staff and customers is our top priority.
Thank you for the cooperation and support.
We will continue to monitor this evolving situation and are working hard to ensure we continue to deliver the financial services you need. In the event of a needed change to our operations we will update our website johsoncountybank.com.
What can you do? It is important that we all do our part as responsible citizens to minimize or contain the spread of the virus. We are practicing these precautions and ask that our customers be mindful of the same:
- If you are sick, please stay home. (We provide alternative banking solutions described below for your convenience to provide the ability to bank without visiting the bank.)
- Limit unnecessary travel and avoid travel to high-risk countries or areas.
- Sanitize common office spaces on a frequent basis. (We have increased our cleaning practices and are providing hand sanitizers in our lobby.)
- For security reasons, we ask that customers do NOT wear masks into a branch.
- Be vigilant and be on alert for phishing emails and scams. Criminals may use fear to seek to perpetrate scams or send infected emails. Never open an e-mail attachment or click on a picture from someone you don't know. They may have unwittingly advanced malicious code. For example, there have already been reports of emails appearing to be from the CDC or World Health Organization (WHO) with maps of countries with COVID-19 outbreaks. Be suspicious of such emails. If you want updated information regarding COVID-19, go to the CDC or WHO websites. (CDC.gov or WHO.int)
In light of the current events Johnson County Bank encourages customers to take advantage of the alternate banking solutions available to help reduce the risk of coming into contact with the virus.
- Online & Mobile Banking
Access and manage your accounts safely and securely from anywhere
Deposit checks using EPIC-Mobile deposit
- Drive up windows
- Customer Support Center
Our friendly staff are available during business hours (9:00-4:30 M T and Th, 9:00-5:00pm Fri. and 8:30am-12:00pm Sat.) to answer your questions. Simply call 423-727-7701
Johnson County Bank
"The People's Bank"
Located in Mountain City, TN, Johnson County Bank is a full service bank offering Checking and Savings Accounts, CD’s, IRA’s, Home Loans, and a four lane drive through with ATM.
At Johnson County Bank we merge the values of the past and the technology of the present with an eye on the future. Browse our website for additional information, or feel free to stop by and visit with our friendly staff anytime.